Monday, February 27, 2012

Day 21

'Day 21' by Jina Wallwork

The past is a beast which constantly follows my steps. It is the devourer of time. I must constantly travel forward knowing that I am hunted. I watch the past as it is consumed. It is never lost, although I cannot return to an earlier point in time. I cannot enter the belly of the beast. It stalks me and yet it cannot attack. I am within the moment, constantly travelling forward. I know that in the future my life will cease; the beast will take me and this life will then belong to the past. That day is not today. Without taking a step, I am constantly moving through time. When I practice stillness, I notice the illusion that it contains. We are all travelers. This day is ours.

'27 Days' is a series of transient sculptures each representing a day. To find out more about the series click here